Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter


We're back and apologize for not posting in so long! I've fallen victim to Facebook~ it's a "mini blog", similiar to this without the long story- just a quick blurb about what's new. It is addicting- especially once you start finding old friends~ and a great way to keep in touch when you don't have an hour to be on the phone. The kids just gathered all their eggs and rummaged through their baskets and are having a good Easter morning- Gavin's a little sick so we're staying in. I feel guilty about not going to church but also feel that as long as we remember the true meaning of Easter, then God doesn't mind if we stay home. We can still talk to him from here =)
Gavin had so much fun coloring eggs and Lauren couldn't wait to wake up and find them. Hunter's definately 14 as he slept in and came rollin' on down just in time for breakfast and then I had to say "Don't you wanna know what's in your basket?" We'll go to Julie's later and then I have to work. The babies don't know it's a holiday =)
Everything's been going pretty well. Just waiting for spring to officially arrive though we're the only ones in the neighborhood who still have snow after the giant snow bunny we built last Monday. We were outside all day playing in the snow hoping that would be the last time for the season.
In just 2 months I'll have a sophmore, a 5th grader and Gav will be 3 1/2 already! I can't believe it. No big plans for the summer- just little day trips here n' there.
I better get back to spending Easter morning with the kids. Just wanted to wish you all a very blessed Easter and may God bless you, my friends and family.
Love,
Mel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you update your blog. I missed your updates.

The Easter eggs are really pretty. We enjoyed being together will all of you today.

Post again real soon!!
Love ya, Mom

Julie said...

Cute picture! You should post a picture here of your snow bunny! You are a creative family:)