Sunday, June 29, 2008

An almost 2-decade old secret revealed-and you'll never guess what it is!!

Years ago when I was dating Kevin, as a teenager, we would spend weekends out at his parents lake house. His mom would often make the most delicious potatoes with onion, sometimes chopped peppers or spinach along with whatever the main course was. The memory of those potatoes is as clear as the lake house itself- they were sooooooo good! Now- 18 years later I finally learned what made those potatoes so yummy- LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX!! For dinner tonight I made ribs, broccoli cheese casserole, salad and you guessed it. . . potatoes with LIPTON ONION SOUP MIX! The recipe is on the back of the box. I highly recommend it!! Now, what's funny is that Kev and I are still friends- he & Todd get along great and would often have bloody Mary's together while Kevin's wife & I chatted alongside the kids. I could call "mom" and let her know I finally figured it out but some things are better left unsaid. Perhaps that's what she was thinking when she made the potatoes! :0)




No comments: