Monday, June 9, 2008

Hunter's off to highschool!

It literally seems like just yesterday that I dropped off my beautiful, blond haired, blue eyed boy to kindergarten. As I went to get out of the car to walk him up to the door he reached out his tender little hand and said "no, mom. I can do it myself". Now that sweet little boy has grown into a strapping young lad bound for highschool who delights in the typical teenage stuff. . . rock n' roll, video games, doritoes, attempts at wearing his pants sagging down (no way!!) but also relishes in the good old days of fishing, catching frogs, hiking- all that outdoor stuff that we love to do. One day soon I suppose he'll want to stop hanging out with mom and dad but I am savoring every minute that I still have my firstborn close at hand. Yet, it is so nice to have a toddler in the house again- oh, how Gavin amuses us with his toddler antics :0) Hunter was such a good big brother yesterday as he taught Gavin how to hold his fishing pole and shared in the joy of catching frogs by the pond. And Gavin LOVES his big brother sooooo much! We're looking forward to the fall when we can cheer for our favorite quarterback (or whatever position he'll play- quarterback's the only football term I know!) He'll be going to Oswego East High School- go Wolves!!
Here's the 4 of us at Hunter's graduation ceremony. I had a box of tissue handy certain that I'd be wiping away a tear or two- but I held strong and did good as we sat and listened through 250 names!


No comments: