Monday, October 6, 2008

Enjoying the crisp autumn morning

Taking advantage of the new season, Grandma Dawn had us up and out early Sunday morning (and I mean early- 7:30 am!) to go to our favorite forest preserve, Blackwell, for Sunday breakfast and a hike. She had a fire cooking on the grill and made french toast, ham, coffee, strawberries, canteloupe and fresh oj. We love going hiking there and picnicing outside.


Lauren and Gavin couldn't wait to go explore
Gavin threw about 100 rocks into the water- kept him busy until he saw a flock of geese coming in for a landing
My little monkeys- Gavin loved just sitting up there- he gets a little tired of all my picture taking- can you tell?
Hunter's still waking up- he ate good though- let me tell ya!
This looks more like a spring picture doesn't it? I'm always snapping pictures and I got a chance to catch this little bumble bee hard at work.
Fall is absolutely my favorite time of year. It is so beautiful. Hard to plan for though- it's cold in the morning, hot in the afternoon and freezing at night! I go from heat to ac back to heat in one day! We all took bags with us though to collect "treasures" we find. Gavin came up with a couple acorns, a few leaves, a honeysuckle seedling and a pinecone. Hunter's getting a little too old so he and Todd often go on a hike along a more challenging trail while Lauren, Gavin Grandma Knill and I stay behind to build "lean to's" (tree forts) Now of course we can't JUST go to the woods- Lauren brought home a new fuzzy caterpillar named Wooly. You're sure to meet him soon on a future blog!

No comments: