Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm becoming one of THEM. . .




A scrapper! I LOVE IT! I can't wait till my first weekend away at one those all inclusive hotels where you just sit around and SCRAP all weekend!! When Aunt Ginny came to town we all stopped in our local scrap book store called "Scrap Addict" (and rightfully fitting) and I was like a kid in a candy shop! OMG! Here is my very first project- a "jacob's ladder" (it folds into a square- ya know) with a few of my favorite pictures from our trip to Great America last summer- we stayed overnight and went to the beach the next day. I chose this because the kids would have fun looking at it too. The very last picture are the kids eating lunch at the overpass. It was Hunter's birthday (hence why we had the overnight in the first place) so we let him pick anywhere he wanted to eat. He picked the Oasis. They loved seeing the cars driving beneath and it reminded me of being a kid. See how these simple things make kids soooooooo happy! Lauren went on the biggest scariest coasters and when we were done I was sitting scared stiff and she was yelling "yeeaaahh" with her fist in the air! Even Hunter opted not to go on some of the big ones- Lauren is fearless. Gav tootled around in his kid's zone and enjoyed the water ride and the train. It was a fun day and now I'm learning neat things to do with all my pictures instead of throwing them in boring albums. I only wish digital cameras were around sooner!




3 comments:

Julie said...

Looks great! I know it's fun, but I think I'll stick to my regular old albums or the new shutterfly type album I just recently did!

Julie said...

Boring albums? If I could only find the time to put my pictures in boring albums! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first "Scrapping" project!!
I was able to see it the other day and it's really clever. You did a good job. I know the kids will enjoy it over and over.
Keep up the good work.
Mom