Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to you. . .

This is my sister Julie shortly after she brought my niece Kamryn home from China. It's one of my favorite pictures of her! Today is her __ birthday!!! I just wanted to say "Happy Birthday"!! Being 5 years apart, and two totally different personalities, Julie and I didn't always get along. But she's one of my best friends now! She's laughed with me, cried with me, encouraged me through nursing school, she's honored me, and fought with me, and wanted to beat me up- but she's loved me too. She's one of the most inspirational women I know and today we honor her.
Happy Birthday Julie!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Thanks sis! I remember being five and mom asking me if I wanted a sister. Of course I said yes, and even though there were times growing up when I would have second thought that answer, I'm glad that you are my sister and also my friend now. Thanks for celebrating with me today at lunch! We'll have to go back there sometime soon!