Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My daddy and me

July 1982
This is my favorite picture of my dad and me. I was 10 years old. I LOVE my dad soooooooo much (and my mom too of course!). Please keep dad in your prayers as he recovers from surgery this week. He got a new knee today! He was in a hurry to get fixed up and rehabilitated in time for the senior olympics this fall! Every morning he gets up and plays raquetball and then bowls in the afternoon. I once challenged him to a raquetball game and 10 minutes into it he was swinging that raquet full gear while I was slumped over wondering if it had been an hour yet- not bad for 72 years old!!! I am so proud of him! Please also remember Uncle Fred, dad's brother, who fell and broke his foot and is also in the hospital. These guys could use some cheering on to pull through their hospital stays. And God bless the nurses taking care of them :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Lauren doesn't look just like you in that picture...Oh...my...goodness. Cute pic Mel - I bet it brings back memories! :)

Anonymous said...

You're proud of him and he is so very proud of you.
Gee, he hasn't changed much, has he?
Can't say the same about me. :o))
Mom