Sunday, August 10, 2008

Having a dumb blonde moment. . .

Well I tried to find a cute picture of a "dumb blonde" to give you a visual of the moment I'm about to share. Unfortunately all the dumb blonde images are not only dumb, but well stacked and a little inappropriate for my blog. . . so here's the story minus the visual aid- you won't need it- trust me. . .

So the story goes, Todd and I want to take the kids camping at the dunes before summer's over and they go back to school. I went through all our camping stuff this weekend and our tent is missing all these bits n' pieces, so I've been thinking "it'd be really nice to get a nice new tent"- a bigger one, now that Gavin's here too. With that on my mind, Hunter and I went to Ace Hardware to buy paint (we're getting his room "teenage" ready- details later). Well imagine how excited I was to walk up to the door and see the sign posted in big red letters "Giant tent sale today"- OH YIPPEE, here's my chance to get that new tent we need to go camping!! I walked in and enthusiastically asked the salesman where the tents are!! You should have seen this guy's face!!!! And mine for that matter- all smiley and happy that we're going to get that new tent we're needing! When the kid sees that there's no "oh I'm just joking" following my inquiry about where the tents are, he explains to me, in quite simple terms, "no, we don't sell tents, we're having a tent sale, and he gestures outside to the big red and white tents covering the sidewalk- which of course are full of goodies that are in fact, on sale!! Then I started laughing uncontrollably while Hunter chimes in "don't mind her she's having a blonde moment". It was just too good not to share with you! Now, graduating from nursing school with honors was no easy task, so for those of you who don't know me, I'm really not that dumb :0) I just have a good time anywhere I go!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my this is almost as good as the vendor story! You should really take Hunter back there with your camera so he could take a picture of YOU in front of the tents outside the store!

I wish I was there when it happened. But I'm laughing now anyway . . .

Anonymous said...

Your last sentence is, I just have a good time everywhere I go. YOU SURE DO!!!!! Don't ever change. A couple of days ago, I got tears in my eyes after reading your blog. Today, once again, I have tears in my eyes after reading your blog. Only this time it's because I'm laughing with you. You are so funny!!!!
I love you.
Mom