Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Football slaughter

Hunter's fan club


There he is, my favorite number 79- I had to grab this picture because there he stands at 6'3, 188 pounds freshman football- and look at that little pip squeek #34! That kid's gonna get creamed someday! Much like Hunter's poor team got creamed at their first football game Saturday. Is there a slaughter rule in football? If not, Hunter's team invented it! The A squad kicked butt and won 26-0 but then the B squad got killed- 36-0. I had to come home & get Gavin and me down for a nap because I worked the night before and I was back to work that night, so I didn't even see the whole game, but I know it wasn't good. I couldn't wait to wake up and see Hunter to tell him how proud I was of him but when I woke up I learned that Todd took the kids swimming at his mom's to provide a quiet house for me to sleep in so I never got to see Hunter that day. My heart was broke because I missed him so much. I called at bedtime to tell him I was so proud and he said, "mom. . . we lost but I did the best I could out there". He was so cute. I assured him "you sure did buddy and we are all so proud of you!!!!" . . . and I mean ALL- in addition to our immediate family, Julie and her whole family came, Grandpa, Grandma and Aunt B came, and grandma Knill came. It was so hot and the game lasted so long- only to see Hunter's team lose. But Hunter himself played so good. He is such a good boy! When I came home Sunday morning I couldn't wait to hug him and I could tell that he couldn't wait to hug me too- I have to savor times like that because they're sure to be gone soon. (he'll hug me as much as I want as long as his friends aren't around :0) He's my big teddy bear!! My "gentle giant". I love my buddy Hunter so much!! and the others of course- I'm just so proud of Hunter and you should be too! He's working so hard going to school from 7-2:30, then ball from 3-5:30- on game nights he'll be out of the house at 6:30 and won't get home again until after 9pm!! That's a long day for a 14 year old! Then he can take a little break this winter before track starts in the spring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all so proud of Hunter. It was such a hot day out there. The whole team was on the field from early morning until noon. Maybe they lost the game, but all the boys gave it their all. They deserve a big pat on the back for a job well done.
WAY TO GO HUNTER!!! Enjoy the rest of the season. I'm looking forward to another game.
Love ya, Grandma

Julie said...

That sure makes for a long day for Hunter! I think my boys are his biggest fans! We are all very proud of him.

Thanks for the sweet words about my cooking! My immediate family doesn't appreciate it although Matthew is starting to try new things. I wish my kids ate like your kids! Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed brunch. We'll have to do it again soon.