Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The perfect rainy day activity

One of the things I worried alot about when I learned I was pregnant with Gavin was "OMG- how can I possibly spend quality time with so many kids? Raising two children and working full time had me stretched to the limit already. How was I going to volunteer in classrooms and be "room mom"? Where would we put all the artwork? Our fridge was already full of precious drawings and busy schedules. However- it's all working out beautifully. Thanks to "magnet paint" we transformed one of the walls into the "Wall of Fame", and Todd & I take turns spending one on one time with each of the kids. Lauren and I recently spent our time at a pottery shop called "Color Me Mine" where you can pick out any one of dozens of pieces of plain pottery, choose your color paint and create your own masterpiece. As a unique gift from Aunt Julie, Lauren was given a gift certificate for her birthday, so we spent a rainy afternoon crafting our own pottery pieces. I read books to Gavin and got him down for a nap, Todd and Hunter played their video game and Lauren and I spent a nice afternoon together- this is what we came up with. . .

No princesses or mermaids here- Lauren loves dragons and dinosaurs so naturally she picked this dragon. At least it's pink!
I chose this cute little tea light pumkin but don't look too closely- you'll see my splotches!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice place to spend a rainy afternoon. Both pieces of artwork turned out wonderful. You'll enjoy them for many years.
Thanks for the pics.
Love ya, Mom

Julie said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your one on one time with Lauren! Your pieces look great!