Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Make that "The Knill Family Inn"

. . . because, in reference to the previous post, none of those children ever left that night! I knew the boys were sleeping over but then the girls came to me bouncing in the little girl way that little girls do, "please please please can they sleep over?" Hunter has had friends sleep over all summer long, while Lauren went on sleepovers all summer long so I obliged to their request simply because they were all being sooooooooo good. The boys stayed down in the family room playing PS3 (Hunter gets online and meets up with friends and they can be on the same team in this game - our PS3 has 4 remotes so the 3 boys plus Hunter's friends online can be on a team- it's pretty cool) and the girls went into Lauren's room. I had told the girls "lights out at 10:00- well I got on the phone with a VERY LONG TIME friend and we talked n' talked n' talked about life's little problems. When I went to check on the girls at 10:45 they were sitting on Lauren's floor with all my ribbon, glue dots, & other crafty stuff making scrap book pages! Isabelle made a rather decorative "do not enter" sign for her bedroom door. Amanda of course made a horse page and Lauren made a page dedicated to how much she loves drawing. They were being so good & so cute I didn't have the heart to be mad, but I did say then "lights out at 11:00- and they were. . . followed of course by little giggles for an undisclosed amount of time. I think they finally did fall asleep that night though I can't be certain of what time. In the morning, we made a mass production of pancakes, blueberry muffins and juice- then kicked everyone out to get to my sister's for brunch at 10:00. She made her famous spinach & egg souffle, pancakes, homemade cinnamon coffee cake, her special recipe scrambled eggs, fruit, bacon. . . I'm sure there was even more. For those of you who don't know, my sister is the best cook in town! She whips up the most amazing meals so it always a treat to go over there to eat :0) (unlike my turkey disaster at Thanksgiving! We won't go into that. Let's just say, my turkey was very happy to see my sister!!! HA HA HA (she knows what I'm talking about- that's why I couldn't be trusted to prepare mom & dad's 50th anniversary meal!) We had a fun little Labor Day until I went to work and met the women who put the "labor" in Labor Day!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Are you up for the challenge again this year? Or is it my turn for Thanksgiving? We have time to decide. At least that year you gave us something to chuckle about!